Use sharing buttons to post the above picture status/posts on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. To share it as Whatsapp status from mobile, tap the image and hold for few seconds.
Attention Quotes by Albert Einstein
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves
Share your quote explanation or your life experience by commenting below.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl Quote Meaning
It is not possible for anyone to pay attention to two things at the same time. Many scientists had proved that brain could perform activities one after another in a serial manner. If someone does two activities together, it represents the level of importance and priority they attach to the activity.
Main Topic: Learning Quotes
Related Topics: Attention, Safely, Deserve
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
Author: Albert Einstein
What is Attention
Attention is a process of bringing focus towards an object. As a result of this, the object becomes distinct and clear. When there is attention, the time becomes out of focus as we do not observe them at all. When one attends to a noise coming from a distance, his auditory receptors become specially prepared to receive the sound. Attention is a condition of preparedness and alertness. When one becomes attentive, some organs become specially prepared to receive the stimulus. Attention also involves mental preparedness and alertness. When someone give attention to a task, the mental activities related to the task became especially acute. This improvement in mental alertness is reflected in the improvement in the performance of the task. Attention precedes perception of the object.
What influences our attention
- Intensity: A strong or intense stimulus is more likely to arouse attention than a weak stimulus. Our attention is automatically directed towards strong smell or bright light.
- Size: A large object is more likely to catch our attention than a small one.
- Duration: If the duration of the object is more, it catches our attention.
- Movement: Anything which causes changes attract our eyes. This is why we are feared of a ghost.
- Interest: Objects and activities that we like the most hold our attention than the one which we least like.
- Need: If there is a need for an object and you observe that, it gets your attention. Food is more likely to strike the attention of the hungry man as compared to a person just had food.
- Goal: When a person goes to buy shoes, his attention will be attracted more towards the shoe shops than the other shops.
Attention in child and adult
We cannot hold our attention for a long period. A child’s attention always shifts to something new. An adult has better concentration compared to a child. When the shift of attention is limited to related objects and attention, it is said to be observed of concentrated. When an unrelated stimuli or object attract and hold one’s attention is called as a distraction. As interests develop in certain types of objects and activities, attention to the objects and activities become effortless, spontaneous and involuntary.
Span of Attention
The span of attention represents the duration of the attention. Individuals differ in their span of attention. Experiments have been done in the span of attention for letter or digits. It has been found that most persons can attend to four to five words in one moment of attention. However, some persons can grasp more than seven words in a single moment of attention. A person’s span of attention influences his speed of reading. A fast reader can grasp many words in one glance than a slow reader.
Explore Related Categories
Are you actively sharing useful information to your followers everyday? Like / Follow us to get daily picture quote feed.Join Hundred Thousand Motivators : rss | facebook | google+ | twitter | pinterest | Instagram